Monday, January 16, 2012

Occupied for now

The first half of January, 2012 is behind.  Now that the holidays are over I find myself with time to spend on some projects and hobbies previously put on the back burner.

PHOTOGRAPHY: The photo in this post is one of my new hobbies.  In honor of my retirement, and because we really need one, I received a new camera.  I took some photos over the holidays with it, but didn't pick up the book until January 1st.  This particular photo was taken while waiting in a Doctor's waiting office.  So far it is my favorite.  For more January photos go to my Shutterfly page

Unfortunately, the camera is malfunctioning - it will be shipped back for repairs.  I hope it doesn't take too long - I've been enjoying the creativity.

COOKING: I continue to enjoy planning and cooking meals that in the past I'd push off due to lack of energy or time.  Some of my favorite recipes come from Cook's Country: Recipes that Work and America's Test Kitchen: Cook's Kitchen.  Both of these sites tease you with a few free recipes, but require a paid membership to get all.  I've decided to get a year's subscription to both for a year.  The absolutely best recipe so far was Skillet-Roasted Fish Fillets.  This recipe is free, but you do have to register.  It was melt in your mouth heaven.  I used Sea Bass and would do it again.
 
FACEBOOK:  Yes, I'm back and this time am more careful with the privacy settings.  New for me is playing Words With Friends and Lexulous-Word Game.  Both are Scrabble type games that requires someone to play with.  Let me know if you want to give it a try. I'm really close to beating Nic in my first attempt.  (He's really good)
 
READING:  I love books and enjoy digging into a wonderful story - the time flys!  Right now I'm enjoying "The Power of One".  I highly recommend it.  It is lengthy, but does keep your interest. It is NOT a self-help book!!!
 
KITCHEN/BATHROOM PROJECTS:  Continuing to make some changes to these two rooms.  Thank goodness I have Pete the Plumber.  I love my plumber! 
 
ROAD TRIP? I cut out an article from a magazine to show Pete  "Where Eagles Soar".  Later this month is when migrating bald eagles flock to the Mississippi and Wisconsin rivers.  We may just take a road trip.
 
Keeping busy...hope you are too :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment