Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My father's traits

My daughter-in-law recently mentioned having traits much like her father.  I believe that, which caused me to research what my father's traits were.  Based on his profession - here are the traits that made him successful.  I do believe I am also much like my father.
  • Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
  • Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
  • Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
  • Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
  • Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
My father was a Maintenance Engineer for the Pressed Steel Company. Perhaps not a noble profession, but provided his family a comfortable standard of living, but most important he was a wonderful, compassionate and trusting human being.  I am proud to be his daughter and truly miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment