Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pete & Carol's Adventure

My retirement is effective the end of December, however last day at work is December 15, 2011.

A young colleague asked me a question last week.  "I can't believe you're leaving. Aren't you going to miss all the fun we have?"  I just smiled...

A new chapter in life will soon begin. Some believe before actually retiring, a plan must be in place as to how time will be spent.  I find that to be too much like "work".  Instead of having a calendar filled with activities, taking each day as it comes sounds much more adventurous.

I don't know what I'll be doing Friday, December 16th, but knowing there is a special person willing to take that adventure with me makes the future so promising.

Life is so precious; live it as if it were going to end tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm envious...I just have a mere 21 years before I hope to retire!

    ReplyDelete