Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Frying Cheese

Last week when I returned from a business meeting in Chicago, my colleague who was driving asked if I would mind if we stopped at the Mars Cheese Castle.  We did, and she suggested I try "Frying Cheese".  I bought some, took it home, and prepared it.  It is FABULOUS!   I prefer to slice the cheese about 1/4" x 1 " slices, then fry them.  Because I bought the "plain" cheese I added some hot sauce before popping into my mouth and it is truly delicious.  They do sell it in other varieties like Garlic or JalapeƱo which might be what I try next time I'm on I 94 South.

Preheat a nonstick frying pan or a lightly oiled skillet.  Slice the cheese into 1/2" to 1" cubes.  Drop the cubes on the heated pan and fry about one minute on both sides until golden brown.  Cool slightly and serve warm.

 How to Fry Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment