Thursday, October 27, 2011

Card Carol

Today at work I made it a point to introduce myself to a new person in our Department.  I felt bad because she had transferred from another area about 6 weeks ago and I hadn't taken the time to welcome her to our floor.

Earlier this week I sent an invitation to have lunch with me.  (work is funny...we send an electronic invitation to have lunch instead of just picking up a phone, or physically walking to the other side of the floor!) Anyway, mid-morning I stopped over at her cube to finally introduce myself and let her know I might be a little late for lunch. 

Her back was to me, but when I said "Dawn, hi I'm Carol" she turned around and said "Carol - are you my Card Carol"?  As soon as I heard her voice I recognized her.  She reached over and picked up a greeting card displayed on her desk, and sure enough my writing was on the inside.

When I started at M&I - 16 years ago, I was hired for her position as she was moving to a new role.  After she trained me, I gave her a "thank-you" card and the front of it was a picture of dogs. Dawn LOVES dogs. Between M&I, and NM, she's had at least a dozen positions, but has always kept that card displayed on her desk.

Yes, I am her "Card Carol".  We had a great time catching up over lunch. 

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty crazy Mom! Although, I have a couple cards at my desk that I received from past coworkers and interns that just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete