Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry

My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my...where do I start? I truly enjoyed Fredrik Backman's "A Man Called Ove" decided to give his second novel a read too. As in his first novel, he continues to write with the same charm only instead of a elderly man, this one has an elderly woman. This grandmother is about as sassy as one can be, and is as close to her "almost eight-year old" granddaughter as possible.

The story moves on through a series of fairy tales told from grandma to granddaughter and is actually a road map for the almost eight-year old to use once grandma isn't around.

This novel is much like those of Neil Gaiman. Not quite real but yet very real. I loved reading it and do highly recommend it. I'm looking forward to reading Backman's third novel "Britt-Marie Was Here".

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment