Friday, September 5, 2014

The "Punisher" is back!

Now that September has arrived - so has the bowling season. I joined a ladies morning league last fall and really enjoyed it. I started the season with a terrible average of 104 but ended up at 140. I even bowled in a few tournaments with a bit of success.

Unlike golf; I take my bowling very seriously meaning I actually try!  I heard about a bowling clinic being given by a couple of pro's last week and took advantage. I did learn a better way to hold the ball and that helped me get my curve ball back. My goal for this year is a 150 or better average.

This fall, I decided to bowl twice a week so in addition to the Monday morning four-person league I asked to join another one. There is a three-person league on Friday mornings. I showed up today and found out that no one is looking for a permanent replacement, but one of the teams did need a substitute for today. I am now that league's official substitute! I was asked to substitute for someone who goes south for the months of November; January and February; and another lady asked me to bowl for her next March 13th! It looks like I'll get my twice a week in quite a bit.

The best part of being a substitute is that I don't have to pay. Of course there will be no prize money for bowling exceptionally well but that's OK.  I still enjoy the competition and meeting new people.


No comments:

Post a Comment