Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What should I do with this check?

About six weeks ago, I accepted an invitation to join friends on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. Their flights were already booked through Frontier Airlines. They flew Frontier last year, and because they signed up for the Frontier credit card, this year they had enough points to fly free.

I booked myself on the same Frontier flights; and decided to also apply for the credit card as it offered a $75 credit if I did it right away. The next day I changed my mind and booked on Southwest instead because it was a direct flight and I could check two bags for free. Because it was less than 24 hours, I was able to cancel the Frontier reservation and I also canceled the credit card. I really do not need another credit card.

Recently I received the monthly credit card statement in the mail indicating I had a $75 credit. I wrote on the return slip reminding them I had cancelled the flight, and credit card and requested they remove my name from their data files.

Today in the mail I received a $75 check to settle the account. The check is valid for 90 days. I guess I'll hold on to it awhile and if I do not hear anything else, I'll cash it.


1 comment: