Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Mug Visits The Library

Early this year I joined an online photography group that challenged members with a different assignment each week. It was fun and I looked forward to it. It forced me to try new things with my camera and got me out of the house during the cold winter months.  Recently while going through my photos from earlier this year I remembered the assignment starting January 23rd. It was "Composition Contrast" meaning have your subject in an unusual environment. I decided my happy mug would be a good subject and stashed it in my purse while visiting the library.  Here are the results:




As I look back at these images I recognize how bad the lighting was, and some other technical issues I'm not pleased about but it is part of the learning curve.

This website no longer does these types of assignments. Too bad - I really enjoyed them.  I've tried a couple of others, but they haven't been nearly as much fun. Maybe I should start one myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment