Saturday, April 27, 2013

Getting Crafty II

If you missed it, I blogged about getting crafty in February.  This will update what I've made at this semester's craft classes I attend through the Milwaukee Rec Department.

I find myself enjoying anything involving embroidery and beads.  A dismal failure however are fabric eggs.


T-shirt decorating - this was surprisingly so much fun I've been going through my dresser and pulling out old shirts to decorate.  I love bling!  After class I visited the craft store and bought embroidery patterns, hoops, thread and more beads.  A useful craft!

Embroidery/string/button Cards and Bead Banner - I'm getting better at using my imagination in creating cards. I really enjoy giving them to friends and family. The bead banner was a lot of fun too...once I got the hang of it.  I don't see myself doing these outside of class though.

Fabric Eggs - The most challenging craft yet.  Tracing and cutting a design on a styrofoam egg wasn't bad, but getting the fabric to stay put was nearly impossible.  After I took the photos, I tried once again using glue, but got so frustrated that this is one craft that hit the circular file.

May Baskets - OK so I didn't exactly make baskets, instead I made gift boxes.  This is so much fun I now have ten boxes ready to fill with gifts.  Because this was enjoyable and useful, I once again visited the craft store after class to purchase more paper and a paper cutter to make more.  Another useful craft!

Only three more projects remain on the list for this semester.  Watch for Getting Crafty III soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment