Friday, November 18, 2011

This and that

Turkey roasting.  I absolutely love to cook - it brings out the creative and accomplishments side of me.  This Thanksgiving I intend to break just a little bit from tradition and try a recipe for Turkey, Stuffing and Gravy from the Test Kitchen cookbook.  That cookbook hasn't failed yet so I hope the extra effort will be worth it.

Fall clean-up.  I never realized how much effort goes into getting ready for Winter.  Leaf clean-up; plant clean-up; garage clean-up; gutter clean-up...it seems to go on and on but I know by the last week of November is is over.

Christmas shopping.  I really, really try to not shop until at least mid-December but somehow I end up breaking that.  This week my company had a toy/book sale that I couldn't resist.  I can't wait to see the reaction when these gifts are opened.  They make me smile.

Sea Bass.  Have you ever eaten a piece of fish - very expensive fish - at a top restaurant and had an unexpected fish bone stick to your palate?  Quite uncomfortable.  Remind me to not order that again!

Too much hair.  Why did my stylist convince me to let the "locks" grow out for awhile?  I hate my hair right now.  Good thing I have another appointment next Monday.

Casey Anthony - I couldn't resist picking up the new book by Jeff Aston "Imperfect Justice".  That story is so gripping - I can't seem to shake it.

Enough already - My fingers are getting tired.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment