Monday, March 28, 2016

Review: Truth and Duty: The Press, the President, and the Privilege of Power

Truth and Duty: The Press, the President, and the Privilege of Power Truth and Duty: The Press, the President, and the Privilege of Power by Mary Mapes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After watching the movie "Truth" starring Cate Blanchett & Robert Redford I was intrigued enough to read the book. The movie is based on the book and is a dramatic re-creation of news anchor Dan Rather's fall from grace, after erroneously reporting that President George W. Bush received preferential treatment that kept him from serving in Vietnam. The book is written by and is more about Mary Mapes, an executive producer for "60 Minutes" that worked with Dan Rather. While I don't doubt the story as Mary tells it, she does not come across as a likable person. I do recommend the movie over the book if you have interest in the topic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment