Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Review: The Man in the High Castle

The Man in the High Castle The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I held off on providing feedback until after the "Book Club" discussion. I was the only one who seemed to enjoy this book but then again I did read it twice. Being written in the early 1960's I believe the author was probably under the influence of LSD or something. The writing certainly was bizarre however the premise of Germany and Japan winning WWII and what life might be like afterward was quite interesting. If you do attempt this, I recommend keeping a list of the characters as they are introduced. It helped me tremendously the 2nd time I read it. The Amazon series based on this is excellent. Similar characters, however the story follows a different path. Because I doubt I'll ever forget this story, I am willing to give it a rare 5 star rating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment