Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Pizza Trail

For the past 38 years, Mama's Pizza on Burleigh has been my favorite for great take-out pizza. Unfortunately, they recently closed so I went in search for a new take-out pizza. Marco's World Famous Pizza on 84th and Lisbon is close so I gave it a try. The first one was pretty good with a thin crust and a tangy sauce. As their advertisement says; they DO load on the toppings.

I ordered the next Marco's pizza with a "hand-tossed" crust. While bringing it into the house the heavily loaded pizza managed to flip and land upside down on the kitchen table. Believing in the five second rule, and the fact that it didn't land on the floor, I sort of put it back together - after all pizza is all mixed up anyway. The hand-tossed crust was very good. Again I liked their sauce and loads of toppings.

My third take-out pizza from Marco's had just come out of the oven when I arrived to pick it up. They quickly wrapped it up and I noticed how hot it was while placing it my car. Back home, I lifted it off the backseat and felt the toppings begin to slide to one side. Because it was so hot the toppings started to come through the paper packaging. Pizza ended up on the back seat of the car; on the outside of the car; on the driveway etc. I left a pizza trail right into the house! There was enough left to eat but I had a real mess to clean up. Wherever the next take-out pizza comes from, if it doesn't come in a box, it won't come in the house!

2 comments:

  1. Come on. If the pizza is good just give it a little more love when its in your care
    Raybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - Have you tried the new Pizza Man on Burleigh at the new shopping center? Connie :-)

    ReplyDelete