Friday, June 6, 2014

The Normandy Connection

Today, June 6, 2014 the world is remembering D-Day on its 70th anniversary. The history is fascinating of which there are many articles, movies and documentaries. While I grew up, my mother told me about her brother, Robert Guy, who had enlisted in the army and was killed in Normandy.

Recently I was given a copy of the following article. I'm not sure when it was published, or in what newspaper but it is fascinating.

The day President Kennedy was assassinated, November 21, 1963 my grandparents received an official communication from him citing their son Robert who was killed  in Normandy on July 19, 1944. I do not know when he arrived in Normandy, but if wasn't on D-Day it was shortly after.

Rest in peace Uncle Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment