Monday, October 21, 2013

Washer Jewelry

Early in October I joined the Hart Park Senior Community Center because they offer a weekly Craft Club. The first craft we worked on is "Washer" jewelry.  Not too difficult - just purchase some metal washers from a hardware store; cut and glue paper to them; file to make the edges smooth; add mod podge to set them.  Attach them to a chain, or cord and voila!  A beautiful necklace.

I don't wear necklaces much and found this idea on Pinterest.  It makes a nice Christmas ornament!



Because this craft is supposed to last for three weeks, I made a few more.  After several attempts I gave up on the paper/glue/filing steps and decided to try nail polish instead.  I like the results much better.

Some of the other ladies in the club added beads and charms which really dressed them up. I'd like to learn more about making jewelry, perhaps I'll take a class at Jo-Ann's or Michael's.

Next up at craft club is a paper wreath, then a rosette Christmas Tree.  If they turn out I'll share the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment