Sunday, December 16, 2012

Forgive me, but I need to vent.

I'm unable to let the events of Friday morning's violence in Newtown, CT pass.  I am hurting; weeping; and incredibly sad.  For two days in a row I've woken up thinking about the parents who have lost their children; grandparents who have lost a grandchild; children who have lost a brother or sister; a best friend; or even perhaps their very own teacher. Their grief is unimaginable.

Why did this happen? It doesn't make sense.

News reports immediately jump on the gun issue. A better issue I believe is mental health and how parents can deal with children who experience it. Parents need help; their children need help.  Please take a few minutes to read this. I can think of at least three friends/acquaintances I have known in the past who could have written it. Parenting is the most difficult job there is; and when a single parent is left to deal with it, it is nearly impossible to cope.

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html


No comments:

Post a Comment