Saturday, June 16, 2012

2012 Road Trip Adventure

We just returned from an 11 day road trip to Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.  Except for some narrow, twisty mountain driving in the parks, the travel was pleasant.  Because we went early June, there were not many tourists which made our touring easy as well.  Three highlights:

1.  Yellowstone Grand Canyon scenes:  Fabulous waterfalls and colors.  I hiked down to the brink of the "Lower Falls" in the rain.  It was well worth it but the hike back up was nasty.


2.  The Grand Teton mountain range is unbelievably beautiful.  Our stay at the Signal Mountain Lodge on the shores of Jackson Lake with a view of the mountains was worth every penny.  I'd return in a heartbeat.


3.  Wildlife - I had hoped for lots of wildlife photos, but it wasn't as easy and I thought it would be.  I did however get some great photos of the Buffalo - they are so HUGE and frequently crossed the roads.


There are more photos available at my Shutterfly Site.  If you wish to view them, let me know and I'll send you an invitation.

After we returned, I started a 6 week Nature & Landscape Photography class at Waukesha County Technical College!  I wonder if I can convince sweetie to take another road trip this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment