Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just exactly what am I doing these days?

What am I doing to keep busy?  Actually I am not busy but I am not bored.  Here are some of the activities I am involved in.

Reading:  I've started and finished nine books since retirement. Most books I read on my Kindle, but a few have been paperbacks too. A couple of weeks ago I renewed my library card so I may begin borrowing either the hard copy or electronically.  My favorite time to read continues to be at the end of the day.  I highly recommend Goodreads.com as an online resource.  Some friends also use that site and we can see what each other is reading and how we rate the books.

Cooking/Baking:  I continue to enjoy kitchen creations and especially love exploring the Cook's Country Test Kitchen and Cook's Illustrated recipes.  Here are a few of my newest favorites:  Antipasto Pasta Salad; Corned Beef; Country-fried Pork with Gravy; Prime-Rib for two; Reduced-fat Buttermilk Biscuits; and Low-fat Lemon Pound Cake.

Facebook:  Ask to be my friend! I find this an excellent way to keep in touch. My "friend list" is not large and I will remove "friends" when I notice they do not use it. Mostly I enjoy exploring the games - especially those that interact with others.  My newest favorite is Bingo Blitz.  Let me know if you want to be on my team...I need two more people!

Photography:  My new Fuji camera is fun.  I am taking a "Digital Photography Workshop" through Mount Mary College. Three sessions - first one is going over the basics of our cameras and learning some of the terms used;  second one is shooting on location at the Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield; and the third one is at Mount Mary College in their photo lab learning the ins and outs of editing.  I enjoy learning.

Movies:  I enjoy getting lost in a good movie.  Sometimes there are gems on TMC but more typically I'll find something through Netflix that is satisfying.  Going to the movie theater is still the best though.  I saw all of the best picture's nominated for the Academy Awards in February and most recently saw Hunger Games.  I'm planning another theater visit with some friends in May.

SmartPhone:  We just purchased new phones through AT&T.  (Samsung Galexy II Skyrockets)  That is taking up quite a bit of time recently.  A lot to learn - so far I'm very pleased.

So - that's a summary of what I'm up to.  How about you?


2 comments:

  1. Becky A recently pinned about a Cookbook club. Everyone makes a recipe out of the same book, eat and discuss results.

    ReplyDelete