Sunday, February 26, 2012

Academy Awards - Carol's picks

At this year's AMC Best Picture Showcase we were given a mock ballot to play along with the Academy Awards.  While I've seen all of the movies up for Best Picture, I have not yet seen all of the movies that some of the Best Actors or Best Actresses are in.  However, based on what I have seen so far, if I were allowed to vote, I would pick these.

Best Actor:  Brad Pitt, "Moneyball"
Best Supporting Actor:  Max von Sydow, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"
Best Actress:  Rooney Mara, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
Best Support Actress:  Berenice Bejo, "The Artist"
Best Cinematography:  "War Horse"
Best Costume Design:  "Hugo"
Best Director:  "Martin Scorsese, "Hugo"
Best Film Editing: "The Artist"
Best Music: (Original Score) "Hugo"
Best Writing: (Adapted Screenplay) "Hugo"
Best Writing: (Original Screenplay) "Midnight in Paris"
Best Picture: "Hugo"

As you can see I really enjoyed "Hugo".

RESULTS:  The Academy only agreed with one of my picks.  "Midnight in Paris" did receive an Oscar for Best Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment