Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I can't stop smiling

Back to work today, for only 3 more days before retirement. 

First:  I had to hurdle a couple of large boxes to get to my desk.  One of my fund partners had sent me some wonderful going-away gifts in huge boxes.

Second: I found out that was while I was off yesterday, management announced a re-organization.  Our department, as of January 1st will no longer exist.

Third: The dinner I was invited to had moved from a hotel restaurant to a top-notch steak house.

Fourth:  When I arrived home, I walked into the house carrying the following:
  • Purse
  • Computer Bag
  • Left-over Rib-Eye Steak in a fancy container
  • Gift Bag with a book; fancy room spray; hand wash; lotion; cookies; snacks and an official London Olympic pin
  • TWO  - (2) Chairs in a bag - one over each arm.
I can't stop smiling!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to celebrate your last day. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete